Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Books on Writing

Since I've been babbling about books on writing I thought I'd give you a few of the books in my library.  If there are any that are missing from my list that I should read please let me know.

On Writing: A memoir of the Craft by Stephen King
The First 50 Pages by Donald Maass
Plot and Structure by James Scott Bell
Writing the Breakout Novel (don't forget the workbook) by Donald Maass
Writing Tools by Roy Peter Clark
Blueprint Your Bestseller by Stuart Horwitz
Writing Irresistible Kidlit by Mary Kole
Writing and Selling your Mystery Novel by Hallie Ephron
Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott

The first FIVE are really required reading. And once you've finished your first draft check out Margie Lawson's EDITs Class. You will not regret the money you spend there!
Good luck and happy reading...and writing.
E.L Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment