1. 50,000 words does not a novel make.
2. If you feel like you're neglecting your kids, take them to GattiTown and give them $40.00. They will forgive you.
3. GattiTown is not a good place to sit and write a novel.
4. GattiTown should not give away giant blow up bats as prizes.
5. If you are rereading your manuscript and you see any version of the words,"You are mildly intoxicated, possibly completely inebriated at this point, HA HA HA." Get ready for some serious deleting.
6. Writing everyday is the easy part. Working it all into an exciting plot is the hard part.
7. If taken before sitting down to write, a giant bowl of butter noodles plus one beer acts as a pharmaceutical grade anesthetic.
8. Your first draft will kind of suck no matter how fast or slow you write the thing.
9. Your dogs WILL eat your manuscript. Or at least as much of it as they can get away with.
10. Writing consistently for 31 days will give you a momentum that you won't want to stop.