Friday, September 27, 2013

Liebster Award

Hurray! I have been nominated for an award! I haven't won anything since I was nine and I guessed how many marbles were in a fish tank. It was something like 10,000 and because I guessed closest I got to keep all the marbles. My mother must have been so happy:)
Thanks to Argyle Doll and Andrea Reads and Reviews for nominating me!

Because two people nominated me I'm putting in a hard days work and answering all 20 questions. Try not to be too impressed.
1. What are you favorite alpha male characters?
Actually I dig the heroines mostly. I love any female protagonist who is not a whining pansy.  
2. What good books have you read lately?
It's not fiction, but I just finished Crazy Sexy Diet. I'm not vegan...yet. And I'm not eating raw, but I needed a good dose of nutritional information to help reign in my appetite for junk food. 
3. Digital or Print?
Print. All the way! 
4. What section of the book store are you magnetically drawn too? 
Books on how to write books.
5. What authors do you look up to?
Love Joe Hill. To have the guts to write when your father is already so famous for writing! Admirable.
6. Have you ever gotten so mad that you literally threw a book across the room?
You don't even want to know! 
7. Books that you dislike and why?
That's a tough one. If I read a bad book, I still love it because I think, "Surely I can do better than THAT!" 
8. If you could meet one character who would it be?
 I guess I would have to say Dracula in Bram Stoker's Dracula. He's so in love, but such a sicko. Curious combo.
9. Do you take shame in reading erotica in public? Especially if people know what you are reading?
Uh..yeah. I do not want to have to explain certain things to my nine year old daughter:)
10. What is it about reading that keeps you going back to purchasing more books?
Books make me feel like a smarty pants and I like that!


Next ten questions...

What is your favorite font?
Absolutely no idea:) 
What is the first book you remember reading?
      Dr. Seuss, Red Fish Blue Fish. At the same time my twin sister was reading 
      The Hobbit! 
      So irritating! 

What is the first book you fell in love with and never wanted to end?
James and the Giant Peach. Love me some Roald Dahl.

How much time do you spend on the computer a day for work?
Not enough. I'm supposed to write for four hours a day, but lunch calls after around two hours of work.

How much time do you spend on the computer a day for other reasons?
Not much. I usually try to get out of the house. There's no food at my house!

Do you have an animal companion? What type of animal and name?
I have four wonderful pups, yes four:) Texas, Georgia, Rocky, and Tobie.

What is the motto of your life?
Be nice to yourself and others. It's really that simple!!

What do you want for Christmas?
Beauty products! Anything from Sephora or Ulta will do. I may never use it, but I want it.

Do you like cheese? (Really, I just wanted to ask something silly).
I DO like cheese. My husband is vegan and the book I just read, Crazy Sexy Diet, says cheese is BAD!! But how can ya not love pizza!! With cheese!!

Name one person you admire.
My husband. He works so hard to take care of his family. I'm not sure what I'd do without him...probably eat more CHEESE:)

Did anybody read all that!? Anyway, if I nominated you then here are the rules:

·         Link back to the blogger that tagged you.
·         Nominate 10 other and answer the questions of the one who tagged you.
·         Ask 10 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
      ·         Let your nominees know of their award.
My questions..hmm.

1. If you had an extra $10,000, what charity would you want to give it to?
2. Cat person or dog person?
3. Regular soda or diet...or (gasp) water?
4. Best vacation destination?
5. All time favorite movie? Favorite book?
6. Do you eat enough vegetables?
7. Do you believe in love at first sight?
8. If you're house went up in flames and you could only take three things, what would you take?

9. What's your best feature?
10. What is the most peaceful spot on earth?


 
















2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first award! It's fun to learn more about you, too.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!!
    You have a good one too! Don't party too hard:)

    ReplyDelete